Skilled NursingHome / Skilled Nursing
Sometimes individuals need specialized services following a hospital stay.
Paramount Community Living And Rehab’s Health Care Center and Green House homes are Medicare-certified for providing these services, such as physical, occupational and speech therapy and skilled nursing.
The ultimate goal is to have each individual attain and maintain as much independence as is realistically possible through a personalized program of treatments and activities.
All nursing rooms in both Nelson Hall and the Green House homes are private.
View the Health Care Calendar for Nelson Hall.
Paramount Community Living And Rehab’s staff truly enjoy spending their day engaging with elders and providing care through compassion, dignity, and respect while allowing for the highest level of independence and freedom of choices. Paramount Community Living And Rehab’s clinical management maintains an intentional blend of exceptionally skilled, licensed staff who have backgrounds in acute/hospital care, long term care, nursing education, surgical care, hospice management, and palliative care.
This blend of knowledge and expertise offers a significant benefit to the elders and families at Paramount Community Living And Rehab whatever their needs may be at any time of the day or night.
Skilled Nursing Services Available:
- Medical Director coordinates and improves medical services
- Director of Nursing oversees all aspects of health care within the facility
- Pharmacy consultation available 24/7
- After-hours medication access by nursing for new orders or urgent needs
- IV therapy
- Dementia care
- Wound care
- Respite stays
- Parenteral nutrition program
- Catheter care
- Colostomy Care
- Off-site dialysis
- Ileostomy Care
- Nutrition & hydration programs
- Medication management & education
- Diabetic management & education
- Restorative nursing – replication of activities initiated by Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech & Language Pathology performed by nursing staff (range of motion, dressing, hygiene, walking, feeding)
- Pain management
- Hospice program – contracts with area agencies
- Bowel & bladder programs
- Model environment for nurse training
- In-house, on-going continued learning courses and CNA training programs in partnership with Hutchinson Community College
- Psychologist on-site visits
- Audiology Services on-site visits
- Registered Dietitian
- Laboratory testing on-site and X-rays
- Transportation services
Restorative Nursing Program
- Range of motion
- Activities of daily living
- Positioning and alignment
- Skin integrity and wound management
- Bowel and bladder training
- Rehabilitative and social dining
- Strengthening and restraint free
- Restaurant style dining served three times a day
- Provide meals to meet specific dietary and therapeutic needs, according to physician orders
- Oral supplemental diets are available
- Regular nutritional assessments from our Registered Dietitian